Monday, September 14, 2009

Day #9: Do Something Before Breakfast



"Do something before breakfast today."

Since my breakfast consisted of coffee, which according to experts, doesn't even count as a meal, I squeezed in a fair amount of activities prior to noon-time food. However, only a couple are of note.

I succeeding in immediately making my mother mad. Actually, she was upset from the night before. Apparently a cousin who was at the BBQ needed to borrow our Yukon to transport some family members and their luggage to an international flight out of San Francisco. All pretty standard, hypothetically simple plans...Except that in my state of cheapness and poverty, I had refused to put in more than the $10 I had already spent on gas for that SUV hog over the weekend, so I had driven in back into the driveway with the fuel gauge literally reading below empty. I feel bad now because, in the end, it wasn't actually the parents who had to coast on fumes to the nearest gas station; it was a cousin. OOPS, my bad! Pre-breakfast drama.

Amidst the revitalizing fumes of coffee, I also updated my portfolio AND studied for the GRE. Some would say these important stepping stones in one's career advancement and grad school preparation should be approached with a full stomach and a brain untainted by the buzz of caffeine, but I say, "Damn you, breakfast! All you're good for is lethargy and lactose!"

1 comment:

  1. If you don't like breakfast, you haven't found the right cereal.

    ReplyDelete